Tuesday, August 19, 2008

HANKY PANKY IN WISHNIK WOODS!!!(X-RATED)...

Let me start off by saying that you must be 21 or over to view this post!! See the first photo...well, I'm taking a picture of my waterlily, and my little friend flies right in front of me!!! Look closely!...notice the smile on that cute face?....in the next photo you can see why there was a smile plastered on the little mug! Yes....love is in the air here at Wishnik Woods. That handsome green stud...I have been trying to get a clear shot of him for weeks(green is my favorite color)....now he's strutting his stuff!...and right in front of me! At one point, the handsome couple in the last two photos were within a foot of me. I suppose the fresh country air, warm sunny days, moonlit nights on the pond and beautiful scenery make this a perfect honeymoon getaway nestled way back in the woods! (well now - let's just hope these guys are in a committed relationship!). All of this excitement is happening around here daily lately...hope there's many new dragonflies next year...at any one point...on a sunny day....there could be 30 of the dragonflies gliding through the air and a few wander off to the gardens. Next year will be the fourth year for our pond, my fingers are crossed...hopefully, come next summer I'll be enjoying the outcome of all this HankyPanky!!!




5 comments:

Lona said...

When I was a child swimming in the creeks I use to hate Dragon flies. I think it was just the name because my grandparents called them "Snake Feeders". (-: These have such pretty colors. Great pictures!

Tom Arbour said...

Spooky-

Thanks for stopping by Ohio Nature! It looks like you have a definitely love of dragonflies, and DDNEO 2 will certainly help out your journey. You've got some very nice photos of dragons here, including the mated pair of eastern pondhawks, and further down, I see you have captured one of the mosaic darners, a group that I don' get to see very often. Very nice stuff, I will add you to my reader. Its always great fun to meet other nature bloggers here in Ohio.

Tom @ Ohio Nature

Tom

Unknown said...

Green dragonflies are not common in my part of the world. In fact I've never seen one!
Really nice shots! A scoop!!!

joey said...

Enjoyed your 'frisky' post ... I adore 'fun to photograph' dragonflies. Amazing what we see when we stop for a moment ...

Sunita Mohan said...

Thanks for the very colourful education about the birds and the ... er, dragonflies ? LOL!
Great photos as always, Kim!